What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, September 13, 2024

M10 show week 135

 


Well, things are back to normal for a bit, and that means my Big Buddy is back...

Elvis:  Yeah, that was some nice vacation I got there!  No deadlines, no groupies...

Deadlines?  What deadlines?  I'm the one who has to juggle a million things to put this together every week, not to mention trying to come up with your bits...

Man, you're like breaking the fourth wall there... or is it the sixth dimension?

Whatever, dude!  Anyway, we return to you in target year 1967- would you like to let our fans know what was #1 that week?

Lemme see... here in the US of A, it wuz  Bobbie Gentry's Ode To Billy Joe- also #1 in Canada at some point, an' 4 in Australia.

In Canada, it wuz... ugh!- the Beatles an' All You Need Is Love... #1s across the board, figures....

An' in Australia, it was the Fifth Dimension (there's me mistake- fifth, not sixth) an' Up Up And Away- which also got #1 in Canada, but only 7 here.


Nicely done, no rust at all!  We have three new songs in the M10 this week, and it's time to play the first one!  At #9, more from the Heavy Heavy....



************************************************************

So, as I recollect, you switched to a new chart thing back last time or so...

Yes, I thought to give you more of an idea of what's hot, I'd feature this week's biggest moving 'bullet' songs from the year in question.  A few of them had my head shaking because I didn't really know them- others were really big hits- and some started hot and bogged down.  Let's look at the list...

4- There were three songs that moved up 11 spots- two that I didn't really know, and the highest charting one: from 15 to 4 for the Box Tops and The Letter- it would spent 3 weeks at the top on Cashbox, 7 in Canada, 27 in Australia.

3- Up 14 to #39 this week was one of those I didn't know (until I just played it).  Frankie Valli with I Make A Fool Of Myself- to me, it sounded like one of those songs the producer tries to make sound like the last big hit (in this case, it's a bad sound-alike to Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You), and it flamed out at 18 here, though it did better in Canada (#7), but only a #86 in Australia.  I love Frankie, but for my money, Australia had this one right.

2- Gettin' Together, Tommy James and the Shondells, a 16 notch rise to #34.  One of my faves from TJ, it also was an early flame-out, 18 here, 24 in Canada, 42 in Australia.

And the big bullet this week was...

1- The Association, Never My Love.  A #1 in North America that never made its way to the Antipodes, it leaped 31 spots to land at 27 this week.

Second debut this week, with new lead singer Emily Armstrong, it's Linkin Park at #8...


********************************************************

I know there are some on SM that are bashing LP for picking this new singer- but I like it.  Chester's dead- he chose to do it.  Life goes on.

I sense a little hostility there...

A little.  Chester's kid is trying to cancel her, and calling Mike Shinoda a traitor.  I think he needs to grow up and remember the world doesn't revolve around him, and didn't revolve around Chester.  Maybe if Chester grasped that, he'd still be with us.

Yeah...uh, movin' right along... you gonna pick yer favorite from this week in '67?

You know, I didn't even think about it!  Let me bring the chart back up.... oh, well, that was easy!  It sits at 6 this week, up three... peaks at 3 here, 2 in Canada... and only peeked in at #99 in Australia...



We had that record, and played it a ton.... Memories...

Ahem.  You ain't really focusing here, boss...

Quite right.  I have one more debut this week, and it's by an old favorite- illuminati hotties... at #7...


******************************************************************

Good ol' Sara Tudzin... 

Right with ya.  You wanna pick up the rest of the ten?

Sure, I needs ta get caught back up anyway... 

10- The Linda Lindas, All In My Head, down 4.

6- Up one, Dorothy an' Mud.

5- down 2, an' now 24th all time, Decemberists an' Long White Veil.

4- Up 4, Emblem3 an' Chloe (You're The One I Want).

3- Wanderin' back up a spot, Orion Sun an' Mary Jane.

2- Slippin' from the top, Beabadoobie an' Beaches.

An' postin' their 15th M10 hit, an' their seventh #1...



...Beach House with Somewhere Tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, that's a wrap!  Time to go give the doggie a surprise walk....



4 comments:

  1. A couple of the clips wouldn't play, so annoying.
    Music is so good for the soul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be that "Won't play in your country" crap. It happens.

      Delete
  2. The "Heavy Heavy" video is not available to me, but I like Linkin Park's new singer. That was a gutsy move, replacing a beloved male with a female. Suicide is never the answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to check it out, the Name is "Because You're Mine". Probably a lot more to you're liking than the last one...

      Delete