What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Sunday, September 29, 2024

Mixed feelings.

 Usually I enjoy putting up picture posts.  For various reasons, I only got one walk worth of pictures, and I'll get to them in a minute.  First...


I've been spending a lot of time on X getting reports of what is going down with the damage from Helene.  They tell me mainstream media isn't covering it much; I don't know, I don't watch MSM much.  I go to X, and let me tell you: Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas, and Tennessee were and are being hammered by this storm and its aftereffects.  Low income, low civilization communities in the Appalachian mountains were flooded beyond belief.  Whole communities have disappeared.  Never mind power or communications- WATER might not be restored for weeks in many areas.

I made a vow Friday that I would block every poster I saw that used this utter tragedy to bad mouth politicians on either side. It wasn't terrible (other than a streak where I had to get rid of several Hindu/Buddhist- hard to tell which- bots using multiple hashtags (like #Helene or #flooding) to attach their garbage to) until Sunday.  First time I looked this morning, I probably was blocking 3 out of every five posts.  It got better in the afternoon, but just moments ago I looked again and blocked literally 9 of the first ten.  ANYONE using this disaster to grind political axes are reprehensible, in my opinion.  Just more evidence of how this world is ruled by hate anymore that all you see in tragedy is opportunity to belch poison into the atmosphere.  And before anyone wants to jump in with, "Well, Trump...", there were FAR more spiteful Liberals I blocked than conservatives (or what passes for conservative)- though sadly both were too many.


Okay, I got my poison barfed up.  On to that picture set.


This was Wednesday late afternoon.  Dark in front of us...

Blinding bright behind.



Misty was quite upset.  All the rain we got the night before, and no water at her drinking hole.


Boredly looking for froggies...

Hiding nuts in the meantime...

Every time we took a step, He took one.  I was hoping to get a shot of him taking off, but he flew into the sun and I couldn't get the camera to focus in time.


Still here.  Any progress?

Uh, no.



Somebody demanded more leash.  She was hot.



Misty saw a varmint!  (At least, his fleeing butt.) Her pursuit was amusing, because...


...she has the impression that groundhog holes are short, and the varmint should emerge in the canal somewhere... Looks in the hole, looks up. 

***************************************

One last thing:  I just saw this story- one of the posts I didn't have to block:


Ethan Mollick

@emollick

The modern economy rests on a single road in Spruce Pine, North Carolina. The road runs to the two mines that is the sole supplier of the quartz required to make the crucibles needed to refine silicon wafers.


There are no alternative sources known.


This road is washed out, and will be for some time.  If you think this won't effect you, it will.  

The death toll was just updated to at least 103, with more than 1,000 missing.  Not to mention another 22 dead and severe flooding in Mexico from Hurricane John, and flooding in Nepal this week that cost (so far as known) more deaths than either one.  IT IS TIME TO LEAVE THE POLITICAL CRAP ASIDE AND PRAY.

2 comments:

  1. "ANYONE using this disaster to grind political axes are reprehensible" Definitely! And I'm glad Misty found some water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helene like all hurricanes cause so much damage and shouldn't be used in a negative way politically.
    Great photos as usual

    ReplyDelete