What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Tuesday Message (yes, Tuesday)



So tomorrow, a new Wednesday message comes out.  It had a very valuable lesson about how when you treat people with honor, they reciprocate- and if you treat them like YOU deserve, you get what you deserve, sometimes.  I typed it up last Thursday, and apparently forgot it by Saturday, because I had a rip roaring argument with a much wiser man, and he did NOT treat me as I deserved.  I finally glommed onto the fact I was the fool in the encounter- long after I should have- and pulled my stupidity down and apologized.

It took me most of Sunday (observant people may have caught on) to get to a point where I stopped moping and heard God tell me that I had no business to mope- it was over, you owned up, let it go.

As Spider-Man once replied when asked if he ever stopped with the allegedly funny comments, "Clearly this is not in my nature."  But eventually, I accepted it.  The final note being when David Jeremiah mentioned what should have been common sense- "Jesus is praying for you, not only when you're good, but especially when you mess up, He's there praying you THROUGH it."

And He IS reliable.  I went from this incident into some incredible discouragement.  Not over anything big, just a lot of "what's the use" kinda garbage.  Through all this, it was finally starting to dawn on me- I SIN when I REACT.  Satan has been a busy Pavlov in my life, and I respond to all manner of bells.  One of them at work today, I wanted to react so bad, knowing it was the wrong thing.  And I prayed, not only for the strength to get through, the joy to get through smiling, but that if I was going to have an effect on the situation, let Jesus set it up, because anyway I try to do it, I will mess it up.

Day's over.  Situation solved.  No feelings hurt.  And valuable reminders of what God's done, what He has promised to do, and how He's going to get me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment