What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Father's day

Okay, so you all know Sunday was Father's Day, and most know I am a father.  So it was not surprising to get a message from my youngest, Shenan, that she was on her way after church.






Shenan, as is her wont, came with a plethora of things.  I'm betting that set above will come in the handiest, though I've yet to determine what will be snuck into work inside it (purely for shock value, of course...)


The coolest, though, was a custom-made tee...




Lloyd is Shenan's BF, whom I usually call Soybean as he is a farmer.  I am a lucky man that I have a daughter able to find a decent, upstanding young man who I have mucho respect for. 

In addition to these items, she gave me more picture frames, which is always handy but I may be forced to build a wall across the middle of the living room to hang anything else at this point.  Just from where I'm sitting in my computer chair, I counted 37 hanging items, not counting the odd cobweb.

It was a bit later, as I was grousing in the disappointment of the Talladega race being rained out till Monday, that my eldest, KC, and his family, minus two young'uns previously engaged.  (BTW, did you know when you right-click on the squiggly line on 'Talladega' to see how the computer would spell it, it thinks you meant to say 'gallbladder'?  Weird, wild stuff.)




As you might imagine between us, the gift haul here was largely beer-related...






These last two items are 'his and hers' bottle cap shooters!

My last surprise came right after this....







...and that was that Misty had 'something planned for her Daddy, with Mommy's creativity and help.  But before we get to that, my baby turned two this weekend, and we celebrated...





Misty was NOT impressed with the candles, and Mommy had to not only blow out the candles, but sit the Brownie Bite 'birthday cake' on the floor and step away...










She also got, on top of her many snacks, a gourmet meal...




So what does the doggie that got everything give Daddy on Father's day?  Something else that hangs...


4 comments:

  1. Happy belated Father's Day to you, friend! Aww it seems you had the BEST day. And happy belated birthday to Misty :) She is soooo cute! Now let' talk about that shirt your daughter gave you -it's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both say thanks, and yes, my daughter has a neat gift for giving... sometimes!

      Delete
  2. It looks like your Father's Day was filled with lots of love! Your personalized shirt rocked! I love it. Also love the rainbow. What a great touch on a special day.

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I got kids that are better than I deserve...

      Delete