What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

I hate Memes

I'm getting to the point I hate memes.

What?  These colorful bon-mots that make our social media experience so much brighter and happy?  How could you hate memes?

Glad you asked.  Let's talk about the memes I saw today.  First up, how about the "NASCAR is doing away with the National Anthem and opening prayer, let's do away with them!" meme.  I have snoozed 2 and explained to 2 more that this is provably FALSE.  But no, you have to share stuff that you don't know is true about a sport you apparently don't watch.  I for one am proud of NASCAR's recent stands, and how they stuck by Bubba Wallace.

On that subject, a lot of people who decided not to look into anything made meme hay over comparing Bubba to Jesse Smolett.  Let's see here, first off, Bubba was NOT the one who found and reported the noose that wasn't a noose.  Second, in the climate of the stand he just made before this- a stand that NASCAR was intelligent enough to see he was RIGHT on, unlike our meme warriors- anyone can and should be forgiven for jumping to conclusions.  Third, Jesse was not an innocent victim, nor even mistaken- he was a proven liar who reaped the benefits of being related to a (at the time) Democrat Presidential candidate.

Let's move on to the COVID mask wars.  Today, the featured attempt at humor was, "If the Government told you to crawl on the ground to avoid COVID, a lot of people would do it."  Do you want to know who is gullible in my opinion?  People who would rather hawk conspiracy theories, insult people who have concern for their fellows in society, and put their selfish desires and political persuasions above all else.  Especially the Christians- some of whom I respect a lot in other areas- that seem to forget that when Jesus had a choice between compassion for the sick and downtrodden and pushing a political platform- well, I never read where He EVER pushed a political platform.  But I did see Him have compassion on a lot of people and heal them.  And the only ones He ever insulted were the ones who talked religious and lived for themselves.  Something to think about.

On the subject of politics- don't get me wrong, I like what Trump has done.  Lord knows I owe all these lovely OT hours to him.  HOWever, some people have lost their freaking minds declaring him "the best President ever."  I'll grant you 'best President since Reagan' especially considering all the men who have revealed themselves to be horse's rumps in the office since then.  But better than Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Lincoln?  "Methinks ye dost not know the meaning of the word 'ever' ".  And I really love the ones that have Jesus guiding His hand.  Because if you read Proverbs every day, you'd know that you could factually put every President, King, mayor, Prime Minister, etc in that picture and still be right.


I won't even bring up the, "If you love Me, share this post" stuff.

So yeah, I'm a bit sick of memes tonight.  So you know what I do?  I hide the friend's post, and snooze where they got it from so I don't have to see the next guy share it.  And get more and more particular about what posts I put 'likes' on.  Because I want to look more at a question than joke-deep.

2 comments:

  1. Don't get me started on some of these memes. I am just as tired as you. Especially with Trump. It seems there's no middle ground anymore. People either love him or despise him. I'm in the middle.

    Click link below for my new domain. Warmly,
    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if you just like Trump, or Obama, or whoever, this crap takes hero worship to a stupid level.

      Delete