What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Misty's first Happy Boofus Day, and the perils of voting revisited



Today Misty gets her first experience at the "2nd birthday" celebration called Happy Boofus Day.  And it starts- after a couple supply-stops- at Chain-O-Lakes State park.  HOWever, since I want to get things posted in their own good time, the pics will be interspersed with something a bit off-topic.  A while back, I posted about the indy candidates for President coming up in a few months.  Of them, the Libertarian Jo Jorgenson, the American Solidarity candidate Brian Carroll, and Howie Hawkins of the Green Party made the permissible write-in list.  But there were 10 other write-in-ables that made our ballot in Indiana, and I wanted to talk about them.  So, it's gonna be pics and picks on this post.

Misty, meet lake

Sign says, "No pets beyond this point"

"Well, that sucks!"



Candidate #1- Randall F.  No other info seems to be available on whoever this is- he's not even on Ballotpedia's list, and it has 1,202 registered candidates including Princess Khadijah M. Pres Jacob-Fambro, whoever that might be.

"Where'd they go?"

"Seriously, where'd they go?"

Here I is!



Candidate #2- Shawn Howard: I took one look at this guy's banner pic and said, "Bela Lugosi"...





A typical indy candidate, trying to find centrist positions on all issues, I got off his train when, in his essay on freedom of religion, he referred to the "fictional deity."  Well, I guess a vampire would...

Dudes, please!  I'm trying to poop here...




 Candidate #3- Abram Loeb: Basically a Green New Dealer, who's ever so original slogan is "Make America love again." While we Berned it up, we set the world on fire, caught up in righteous anger, love and compassion our only desire,
But anger we used to light the fuse, for stealing our energy, karmic abuse. And caused three great fires, one still coming soon, just watch the Stars, Planets, and the phase of the moon.
  And if you can guess what that all means, I guess coherent thought just isn't your thing.



On the left, a massive tree fallen.  How big?

Oh, about that big...



Candidate #4- Dr Valerie McCray.  Other than the thought that she is "entering the presidential race “straight from the trenches” as a psychologist that has spent most of her career working in the aftermath of tragedy", about all her bio tells you is that a0 she has worked with a lot of PTSD cases, and b) she really needs to go with a darker font so that eyesight-encumbered persons my level and worse can actually read it.

Nice job, Misty...


This boy and his crew (at least one more squirrel and several birds) were loudly disputing something...

"Okay, that's trail #1.  Let's eat!"
 Candidate #5- Deborah Rouse:  Notable for being the only candidate outside the big three to actually have a vice-president listed, Rouse's only message on her site is this, er, promise: My only promise is, that I will not make any promises. As your President, I will enter the position with zeal and excitement, to better serve the people of the United States of America. "Hope" let's bring it back to America! God Bless The United States of America!


Picnic it is!


A look from above


Candidate #6- Joe Schriner:  Actually the most votable for me on the list.  "Jpoe The Painter" has some pretty good ideas- unfortunately mixed with a handful of probably unworkable economic plans, to wit:
-Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Home Depot, etc., will be categorized as monopolies and broken up.
-Big city downtowns will be sectioned off and turned into sets of small towns in the city.
-De-emphasize financial speculation (Wall Street) and other extraneous paper shuffling that doesn't contribute much, if anything, to the necessary stuff of life.  (Many of these extraneous paper shuffling jobs, and the like, have evolved in the last century.)
-Another New Economy component will be a shift to a much more decentralized, organic agrarian based society.  (Mega-corporate farming would end another monopoly and there would be a return of the small family farm, en masse.
-Shift from America being predominately a Society of Consumers to America becoming a Society of Conservers. In regard to a tremendously heightened sense of environmental consciousness.

As I said Sunday night as I read this with beer in hand, good luck with that.

Up the big hill...

Big, big hill...


 With big puffballs...

Candidate #7- Christopher Stried:  Here, in three answers, is about all you need to know about ol' Chris- from his Ballotpedia questionaire:



Please list below 3 key messages of your campaign. What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?

    I am open minded
    I am good looking and confident individual
    I am smart and intelligent

You be the judge...

In addition, he's not welcome in several countries...

Stried was convicted on charges of stalking and theft in Melbourne, Australia in 2011. Media reports state Stried met the woman in question in Paris on vacation and eventually followed her to Melbourne. Stried pleaded guilty to the charges and was treated at a psychiatric hospital prior to his deportation.





Candidate #8- Kasey Wells: Here's another one that quickly opens his mouth and finishes himself off:

3. Who us your running mate?
KASEY WELLS: I am flying solo… though I have an 11 foot tall, 13 foot long, by 7 foot wide ELEPHANT SCULPTURE named AMERICAN STANDARD that I have been touring the country with. I have my politics written all over it. If I win the election, I will park AMERICAN STANDARD on the WHITE HOUSE lawn and I will ask Bernie Sanders to be my Vice President. I have not declared a human running mate. If I don't have too… I won't.

For the record, Bernie would violently oppose about half of his positions.





Candidate #9- Mitchell Williams:  Another invisible man, other than he tried this last election, too.

Of course, the stop for ice cream!



Uggh!  Brain freeze!

  And last but (maybe) not least- James L Johnson, Jr:  He'd be an invisible man as well, except that he ran as a write-in- so he thought- in 2014 for the Indiana Statehouse, but never made the ballot because he didn't get enough signatures.  He then sued the State Election Board, saying he was kept out by a "technicality".  The appellate review told him he blew off several chances to do things the right way and tossed his case.  And that, friends are your choices...

10 comments:

  1. I can't even go down the voting rabbit hole right now. So far I've confirmed my answers on the state ballot questions... which is crap because there are only 2, and there was supposed to be 4, but because of covid and the whole shut down the other two questions couldn't get enough signatures.

    Honestly I'm so disgusted by all things politics right now... But I'm LOVING these pictures. Such a great park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too- disgusted, that is- which makes this a marvelous way to have some fun with it!

      Delete
  2. All in all a lovely post, Misty is so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, seems like you could have just listed them as narcissist #1, narcissist #2, narcissist #3 . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Misty. I like puffballs too, as they are good to eat.

    This entire election business wears me out. Lately I've switched to banana daiquiris. It seems to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems to be the consensus. Guess I struck too late to just give everyone a little laugh over it.

      Delete
  5. I skipped your political schtick and went straight to Misty's pictures :) Sorry friend, but she is much cuter and calming to look at. I'm just to emotionally drained to care about all that other noise right now. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said, I guess I struck too late to just give people a 'let's all laugh' about the pols... Can't hang me for trying.

      Delete