What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Slapped down






Well, I guess I learned my lesson.  Misty pics in political quips out.  I understand all you all's feelings.  Why do you think I've struggled to even try a Martin World News anymore?  But I really thought that those 'quips' might just give someone a needed chuckle, something to remind us of the days when we didn't take things so damn seriously all the time.

Apparently not.  Except for Mad Jack's banana daiquiri wisdom, I got lit up.  I guess it bothers me that I grew up enjoying the art of the political cartoon, and now there's nothing left in the corpse to laugh at.  And it's not the fault of the reader.  The rabid excess on SM for both sides have brought us to a point that we're lucky if we can stand the sight of the next guy.  Last night I had what I thought was a serious and two-way talk with a person on Twitter over differences of opinion of legality in the Breona Taylor case.  When I got up this morning, a hateful troll who admitted he thought all justice was 'white supremiscism', all cops were racist dogs and corrupt, and I was, of course, a racist for daring to disagree- and the guy I had been debating replied to his final accusation of me being racist with 'clapping hands'.  These people would rather chew their hate than do the things themselves they claim they want from the 'other side'.

To say the least, I am disillusioned.   And I am sad that Satan has won so much of this nation to his "The only thing that matters is my hate- er, my opinion" ideal that rational debate gets sneered at and poking a little fun only puts hopelessness into the air.

DAMN IT, I WANT TO LAUGH AGAIN.  I want people to get the idea that, when you get up in the morning and look into that bright, newborn sky, that all of this crap is silly at it's base, God still has control, and when we shut out hate, it's a beautiful world.

And Misty's cuteness aside, if my only choice to do that is dog pictures, I may have to think about being done here.

4 comments:

  1. Lit up where? By who?

    Look CW, for every person that delurks and forces themselves to comment on your missives, there's another five that cruise the Internet, just watching for an opportunity to start something.

    At one level, they're just noise. If they become too obnoxious, delete the comments and tell the rest of the world just why you got rid of 'em.

    At another level, my thought is that you're a Christian. Now then, just who hates Christians more than anything in the whole wide world? A: The evil one and his minions. The inspire your detractors. Forget about 'em and keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was called "posting after sitting around all afternoon moping." Some might call it "pity party". I knew better, but chose to let out a written 'ARRRRGH" instead. If I may claim a half-point, I did tell the troll "It's an honor to be called a racist by you" before blocking him and closing notifications on the thread...

      Delete
  2. I was not trying to slap you down at all. Honestly when you strip them all down every profile is hilarious. What's not hilarious, is that someone will win.

    Question two here is ranked choice voting. Which basically means that *someone* will win, even if they are not the best, or even the first choice, of anyone. Way to make it more complicated for the disenchanted voter... don't we have enough of an issue getting people to vote, now we're giving them 1st - 3rd choices?

    How exactly will that work for the uneducated voter?? I recall something like that in grade school where you just filled in the dots on a test in shapes and patterns and hoped for the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please read what I just said to MJ to respond to q1. I fall on my sword and promptly went up to my room for time out. On the other, I thank God we don't have ranked choice, though it might be amusing to do like the first few presidential elections, where #2 in votes got to be VP. Biden would really be the guy no one listened to then!

      Delete