What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, July 1, 2022

M10 show week 30

 


All right, so we're back and feeling- physically- about normal.  We have just deleted last week altogether, and this is basically your regularly scheduled M10 show...

Elvis: C'n ya just get the show goin'?  Yer soundin' like yer about ta confuse us all...

Probably so.  BTW, I see yet another celebrity who shall remain nameless has asked a certain section of her potential audience to "never listen to my music again" if they hold a certain position she disagrees with.  Without getting into the politics, I just want to bring up four reasons this kind of infantile behavior is stupid.

1) If you wanted to change anyone's mind with your music, you've just eliminated that possibility.

2) Assuming anyone listens to your demand, you've cost yourself money.

3) You have very little means to enforce such a demand, other than pulling your music from the internet and generating a list of "qualified listeners".

4) Most people who disagree with you very likely don't listen to you anyway.

I hope you all understand that I mean this to ANY act who from ANY political/social alignment pulls a stunt such as this.  And now, cue up that first debut!


Yeah, an' from whut I unnerstand, a lot of you may already know this song better'n we do!  It's already hit #1 in half the United Nations- in fact, it's #1 on Billboard right now!  At #10, here's Harry Styles...

 

***************************************************

 

Oh, just for the record, after the above rant, I was going to post in honor of that anonymous singer Leslie Gore's It's My Party (and I'll cry if I want to), but space kinda gets in the way.  Hey, King, which years are we at for the #1s of Summer this week?

 

Looks like 2's an' 3's...

 

Okay, so let me look this up... 1962 this week it was Ray Charles and I Can't Stop Loving You... 1972 was Gallery and Nice To Be With You... and 1982 was the Human League and Don't You Want Me!

Cool tunes!  What's the next debut?

Well, it's a cover of an old favorite (1994) of mine by a band called Mazzy Star- the original peaked at #3 on the alt chart.  This version by folk-American artist Valerie June is brand new, and I'm so in love with this song using steel guitar!  At #9...

 

 

**************************************************************** 

 

Kinda a strange voice...

Yeah, but the SG kills it!  You wanna pick up the threes?

Shure, why not?  1963 this week is Kyu Sakamoto an' Sukiyaki... 1973 is George Harrison an' Give Me Love... an' 1983 is ... whut the heck is a Flashdance?

I'm not sure, but I think it involves a bucket of water...

Ok, so that song is by Irene Cara... 

I was fine with all but Flashdance... that's kind of a "check what else is on" tune for me.  Okay, Bud, give us the top debut at #8!

Yeah, these guys are just a bit outta my range, but they are pretty cool.  This is Panic! At The Disco...

 

*********************************************************

 

Okay, so as we haven't ordered food (or cooked it) yet, here is the rest of the top ten...

7- Up 3 for Cannons and Fire For You

6- Slipping 2 for Hazel English and friends and All Dressed Up

5- Up 3 for Absofacto and Dissolve

4- Also 3 for Jayhawks and Save it For A Rainy Day

3- Down 1 for Sunflower Bean and In Flight

2- Down one for Camera Obscura and Making Money

And the new #1.... 

 

 


 ...Built To Spill and Understood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Okay, that's it for this week, and for those who celebrate here in the US of A, have a great Fourth!  For those in the US who DON'T celebrate, please refer back to Leslie Gore...

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better! I like the singer you didn't name, but feel that music and politics shouldn't mix. Any form of entertainment and politics, really. It gets tiresome! I enjoyed the new songs, especially Valerie June. The lady can sing!
    Happy 4th of July long weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And see, I didn't want to put in my opinions on either singer (who frankly I've never listened to) or politics (which I have discussed in appropriate forums). It got tiresome a long time ago, and I want to bring some enjoyment here!

      Delete