What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Another walk

 Hey, is anybody watching out there?  Today it was a bit cloudy (which Misty likes) if a bit more humid (which I don't), but staying near the trails, we eliminated the skeeter problem from yesterday.  And so...

Bunny #1...

"Yeah, so?  I gotta friend about 15 yards that way..."

Oh, yeah...

Not sure what the yellow stuff was, but something was climbing out of some of them (or around them), and the beetle didn't care

Misty heard something- I didn't- and she tried hard to find it...

This time, she literally leapt into the weeds after whatever it was

This is what happens when a yellow swallowtail dive bombs you and you try to get a snap...


And here's a black one!  Between that and the fact that today we went from 2 monarchs spotted this year to about a dozen, I'd say they are all just de-pupating (?)

Here he's beating his wings at supersonic speed.  Think they are still drying.

I did say Monarchs, right?



"Guess I'll stop off at the Swamp on the way home..."

Duck Family Robinson is back


Misty scared the crap outta this one

While the goldfinch sang merrily

Misty's goal, just ahead


Playing the nose game again

Suddenly, this guy went straight overhead, down the trail towards the river...

...and went right back over the other way...

Landing on the pole at the near side of the field, screaming...

While I assume his lady friend, screaming in a higher key, was at the opposite end...

Yellow swallowtail dive bombed me again!

These are new to me- elliptical outdoor bikes!

More monarchs

I think this one JUST came out...


Gray Kingbird


This time I heard it, saw the grass move.  Misty missed it, but I called her back and she almost caught it by surprise!  Still no idea what it is, but I'd guess they are groundhog pups.


No comments:

Post a Comment