What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, July 15, 2022

M10 show week #31

 


Nothing extravagant this week- one debut, one little bitty feature, and the Cashbox #1's this week from the sixes and sevens...

Elvis:  And food comin'? I'm starved!

Well, I hope so!  Still waiting on confirmation for some reason... But as we have but one debut, why don't you start us off with the sixes?

Oh, okay... so this week in 1956, it was Pat Boone with I Nearly Lost My Mind... an' since I know yer dyin' ta do it...


 ...yep, nothin' says 'lost my mind like a 63 year old man in a leather s&m outfit.  In 1966, it was Tommy James an' the Shondells an' Hanky Panky- I hope we're not buildin' a theme here... an' in 1976 this week, it was the Manhattans an' Kiss And Say Goodbye.  Boss?

I'm working on it!  I'm on the live chat, and...

No, man, I'm done, yer up!

Oh, sorry.  So with Harry Styles going into week #9 on top of the Billboard list, I wondered how the Billboard #1s since the M10 started have fared with me and the M10.  The answer- not well.  Since that magic week in late August of 2015- there have been 92 different Billboard #1s.  Out of those 92, I was sure I heard a whopping FIVE of them... and actually liked two- including Harry and As It Was.  I was figuring that I might have better luck on the Billboard Alternative charts, so...

Hey waitaminit?  What about the food?

 Calm down, they finally confirmed, and it's getting made.  Why don't you kill some time by playing the new debut?


All right... brand new stuff, new lp out July 22nd, here at #10 is Gilbert O'Sullivan...

 

*******************************************************

 

Out of all the "Old boys" that have made the M10, he's without a doubt the best preserved, voice-wise.  So anyway, I checked the Alternative #1s, with the thought of my son KC looking over my shoulder saying, "You do too know that!"  But by my count, there were 93 #1s over that same period on the Alt chart, of which I knew 24, liked 14, and have had six on the M10- The Black Keys and Lo/Hi; the two that came from the Knocks story- Absofacto's Dissolve and Cannons' Fire For You; White Reaper's You Might Be Right; Maneskin and Beggin';, and Panic! At The Disco's Viva Las Vengeance.  So basically, this wasn't a lot different until the last Month.

How many #1s have WE had innat time?

I have been horribly lazy lately on keeping that stat... let me see... with this week's new #1, 186- roughly double what either of the BB two had.  And, food is magically on it's way!


Yessir!!

I'm so happy, I'll do the sevens without bein' asked!  1957 this week wus Mr Crazy hisself, Pat Boone again, with Love Letters In The Sand; 1967 this week wus Frankie Valli an' Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You; an' in- FOOD!!!!!!!! 

 

(For those of you who wonder at such a starving Elvis, I could easily replace 'Elvis' with Misty and turn the bit into reality...)


Buurrrrrp!  That's better!  Now, where wus- ah!  In 1977 this week, the BB #1 wus the Crystals an' Da Do Ron Ron...

You wanna look at that again?

Yeah, it was the- oh, waitaminit- Shaun Cassidy an' Da Do Ron Ron.  Hope he changed the words!

Yeah, her name was Jill.  Well with that done, I guess I'll let you in on this week's M10 remaining:

9- In Flight makes an 8th week stop here, down 4, for Sunflower Bean.  Still tops for the summer, but only a week at #3 ahead of Understood.

8- Hazel English and crew make a last stop, down 2 for All Dressed Up.

7- Valerie June kicks it up a pair with Fade Into You.

6- Also climbing 2 for Weezer and Records.

5- A five spot jump for Cannons and their new one, Bad Dream.

4- The top 4 I could have drawn out of a hat and been reasonably happy how it came out.  Harry and As It Was up 2 here.

3- And holding for the Jayhawks and Save It For A Rainy Day.

2- Built To Spill and the aforementioned Understood slips from the seat of power this week.


And the new- relatively speaking- #1....



...Absofacto ( real name Johnathan Visger) and Dissolve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Thanks for coming by, see ya next week!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Given some of the pictures you put on your blog, I'd think you can release eye bleach just by blinking, lol!

      Delete