What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, April 8, 2024

Fun with pictures

 Our first stop is a week ago Sunday...


Squirrel!


Misty wanted to go deeper...

...but, no shore for Daddy.


Now we skip ahead to Saturday...



Trees really greening up

"River's still up..."


Now that it's green, can she find the hidden trail?

Duh!

This is new at the duck pond

Duck pond has expanded, and Misty MUST investigate



"Yes, sir, it is definitely up..."


Duck Pond Extended



This was going to be a picture of a frog, but SOMEBODY just had to wade in for a drink before I could focus...


New at the Landing


All that rain, the Alumni Pond was up, too

Beside the ravine


The rain finally unblocked the creek




First Dutchman's Britches coming in

Checking out Scrappy's old watering hole- full for a change


Big Guy still slumbering peaceably.

Monday....



The rain, however, just blocked our cross-stream

Yeah, this happened like Wednesday night

Had to be the addition behind us.  To them, River Run Trail is Indy.

Well, a customer at the duck bar



This dude was a bit miffed at us when he wiped out in front of us.  Nothing major, just, " You should have held her tighter, I was just trying to stay in my lane."  All well and good, but think on this, my friend: First off, I'm with my dog, walking, solid grip on the leash.  You are going as fast as you can, ON a skateboard, with two doggies helping provide locomotion.  Which of us is engaging in risky behavior?  Second, whose dog WAS it that cut in front of you, causing your spectacular spill?  (Hint: Wasn't mine.)  Shortly after this, he reached a manly distance away to check his wounds.   For my part, I refrained from so much as a, "Whatever".




Two pics of the eclipse, complete with Venus, from my dumb phone at work, which I actually talked into sending to my e-mail and thus to your waiting eyes.

4 comments:

  1. Another great set of photos, I didn't even know there was an eclipse to I read about in blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't there- it's all we've heard for the last 6 months here...

      Delete
  2. Great pictures! It's so nice to see bits of green returning. As far as the eclipse...when I woke up Tuesday, I saw there was no apocalypse. I was told there'd be an apocalypse.

    ReplyDelete