What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, August 9, 2024

M10 show week # 130

 



Dang!  I hope everthin' isn't as slow comin' up as the M10 sign!

No kidding, what was that about?  Anyway, we're back with a regular M10 show, in which we'll feature this week in 1969, play our 1 M10 debut, and share a bit about how the songs of Summer race is going!

Nice!  So what's up first?

Well, to keep you in a good mood, I'll let slip that #1 in Australia this week in 1969 was YOU, with In The Ghetto! It was already #1 on Cashbox, and would make #2 in Canada.

Yay Australia!  We Rock!

And I just thought of another thing to try- I'm going to quickly look up what's #1 in our 3 countries...

Oboy... "Quickly" allus takes a while.  

It shouldn't... I merely want to see if I have HEARD any of the three...

And... (Suspenseful music here, if'n you got some...)

Well, all three of us had the same song- I hadn't heard it till now, but it ain't bad!  This is Collins Obinna Chibueze, who for obvious reasons goes by Shaboozy...



*****************************************************

That wuz purty good... an' I see YouTube got their embed thing working again!

Thank the Lord!  Okay, so first, let me tell you the Songs of Summer top ten that is NOT in this week's countdown:

Junior's Farm by Wings and Geowulf's Dolly tied for 8th;
Johnny Cash's Well Alright currently sits 6th;
Tipping my hand as to who lost their spot in this week's 10, Lucius and Go Home is at #5;
Lorde's Take Me To The River sits 4th;
And Rainbow Kitten Surprise is 3rd with Meticulous.

So that means 1, 2, 7, an' 10 are still going!

Correctamundo, Bud!  And just before we play this week's debut, I'll let us in on Canada's top dog this week in '69... Andy Kim's Baby I Love You, which was one week away from its US peak of #6, and was a #15 for Australia.  Maestro, if you please...

Yessir!  One debut this week, it's at #8, and it's new Lake Street Dive...


***************************************************

Nicely done!  Now, let's look at the top five I pulled from this week in 1969...

5- Crosby Stills and Nash, Marrakesh Express.  Sitting at 29 on it's way to a #19 peak, it made 17 in Canada and 27 in Australia.

4- Youngbloods, Get Together.  At #26 on its way to 4 here, it made 6 in Canada and 13 in Australia.

3- The Guess Who, Laughing.  15 on the way to #4, it was a #1 in Canada- no surprise- but a no-show in Australia.  Which is a bit surprising, as it made 19 in New Zealand...

Now here's where I bend my rules on "Must be a song moving up" a bit, for the sheer playing power of these top 2...

2- In The Year 2525, Zager and Evans.  In a fourth week at the top in the US, Canada also had it at the top, and Australia at #2.

And my top song this week- moving down one spot to #3....



Whut's the hold up?

Don't ask me... this week, it seems Blogger's having a meltdown over posting pictures!  Let me try one more time...

...And pfffft!

Maybe it's the old pics' fault.  Let me try a newer one...  Nope, Blogger's picture posting ability just crashed!

Wow, one week it's YouTube... next one, yer back... and now this!

I know- it's a lot like being at work, to be honest.  Anyway...

1- Tommy James and the Shondells, Crystal Blue Persuasion.  Stuck at 2 here, it would get a #1 in Canada, and a whopping #80 in Australia.  Why don't you give the rest of the M10- before Bloggers scheduling function goes belly-up- and don't forget to put in the Songs of Summer standings...

Whut, d'ya think I'm an idjit?  Okay...

10- down five this week, and in the same place on the SOS, Cage The Elephant and Rainbow.

9- Up one fer Lucius, How Loud Your Heart Gets.

7- And leading the SOS parade, Shannon and the Clams and What You're Missing, down 5....

6- up 2 for Orion Sun, Mary Jane.

5- Amira Elfecky and friends, up one with Remains Of Us.

4- Up 3 fer the Linda Lindas, All In My Head.

3- Holdin' here, and 2nd on the SOS, Pierce The Veil an' Karma Police.

2- Haw, you were dozin' here!  This one is tied for 10th on SOS, and up 2 this week- the Heavy Heavy an' Sleeping On Grassy Ground.  Man- Linda Lindas, Heavy Heavy- ah wonder if'n I'd have had more hits going by "Elvis Elvis"?

They already called you "Elvis the Pelvis", I think that probably is close enough...

Maybe so, maybe so...

An' #1 agin this week...

(Pretend yer lookin' at...)

The Decemberists an' Long White Veil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They sit # 7 on SOS right now...

Alright, so let's get outta here and hope this schedules right!




3 comments:

  1. I sense a theme here! Shaboozey's Bar Song and Far Gone at the Lake Street Dive. 😆 Both catchy!

    In The Ghetto is my favourite Elvis song and 1969 was a great year for music, as well as for me, personally. The Guess Who didn't chart in Australia?! 😲 Of course, they are revered, here. 🍁

    Technical glitches are so aggravating! Here's hoping Blogger fixed everything by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! Didn't catch that, nice one! Blogger has fixed that problem by this afternoon. And yeah, the Australian end got screwed out of a lot of good stuff; but how New Zealand had it and they didn't really baffles me.

      Delete
  2. Some damn good music listed here and you know I like good music

    ReplyDelete