What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, November 18, 2022

M10 show week #49

 

Next week being Thanksgiving, I am officially declaring a mulligan next week- no post!  Which means today, I have to come up with something good... 

And didja? No...

Ah , but wait till you see what I do!  I perused sites that claimed they had the 'perfect' Thanksgiving song playlists... and I found some real head scratchers!  So tonight (or tomorrow morning for you readers), I am giving you- the 10 dumbest Thanksgiving song suggestions IMHO!  While I'm trying to rank the rank, introduce our fan(s) to the week's lone debut!

Sure,  Chris hadda hard time lookin' fer new stuff last night, too.  So he got checkin' out the Broken Bells' singles list- and finally found somethin' he didn't shut off halfway through!  Debutin' at #8... here they are, with Saturdays!

 


************************************************** 

 

Okay, so let me start this off with, I can kind of see some of these suggestions I wrote down (say, Celebration by Kool and the Gang), and there are a ton of togetherness connections (We Are Family, Shower The People).  A little more distant are the weather connections (Baby It's Cold Outside, Hazy Shade Of Winter).  But the ten I selected are the best of the head-scratcher selections.  So without further doo-doo... Song, act, site found on, and instant analysis...


10-  Happy- Pharrell Williams, found on the site Refinery29.  Yeah, I know, but this song annoys me to no end, and thus deserves inclusion.  If you LIKE this song, stay tuned, because it will only get worse.

9- Home Sweet Home, Motley Crue, found on Coldwell Banker, if you can believe that.  Seriously?  This song is about the long road trip, and the video is concert clips, including a chick that is THISclose to taking her top off.  Entertaining? Yes.  Thanksgiving material?  Let's play it at your church gathering and see what they think.

8- American Pie, Don McLean (or, presumably, the version we played here with Home Free), donated by Esquire.  I guess they figure you gotta have SOME kind of pie... (Note: Ray Charles' Sweet Potato Pie was suggested a couple of times.)

7- Eat It, Weird Al Yankovic. Another Coldwell Banker suggestion.  A lot of choices had to do with encouraging eating; this might be excessive even by Thanksgiving standards.

6- I Got You Babe, Sonny and Cher, first suggested by NoteBurner. I have absolutely no idea what the connection was here...

Mebbe it's so's ya get the munchies.  After all, Sonny says, "we don't have the pot..."

That's "we don't have A pot", dipstick!  Why don't you go ahead with the M10 now, and we'll get the top five dumb ideas as a closer...

Suits me!

10- Comes A Day by Built To Spill, and it might have got to that day, falling from 6.

9- Alvvays loses traction on their hits- Belinda Says drops 4 and lands here, and After The Earthquake slips one to #5.

7- Scorpions stuck here with Hammersmith.

6- Beach Weather an' Sex Drugs Etc, up 4.

4- Add dropping to Brooke Annibale's Social Anxieties, she slips a notch.

3- Talk and Run Away To Mars, up from 8.

2- BIG NEWS ALERT- After 5 weeks at the top, Broken Bells slip to 2 with Love On The Run.

Which gives us at the new #1....


 ...Lucius with The Man I'll Never Find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Alright, a'ready, let's get the Flummoxing Five!

"The flummoxing five?"

Ah wuz tryin' to be funny...

That might be trying  a bit too hard, Buddy!  Anyway, in case you thought there weren't really any dumber suggestions for Thanksgiving songs...

5- Hungry Like The Wolf, Duran Duran, another Esquire suggestion.  The female moans at the end of the song would go particularly well with cranberry sauce, I suppose...

4- Waiting On A Friend, Rolling Stones, and I'm seeing that Esquire was really into the Christmas Cheer early when they did this list!  Because we all like to spend Thanksgiving standing in a doorway, watching girls go by.

3- Come Together, The Beatles, another one from NoteBurner...

Say whut? I don' get this'n... unless yer uncle goes by "Old Flattop"!

Can you say, "Throw key words into an algorithm and see what it spits out?" You would think the person who had to paste this all together would question  something like this...

2- The Boys Are Back In Town, Thin Lizzy, a suggestion from an outfit called SheKnows.

So, 'she knows' this has a bar fight and sexual harassment in it, right?

Well, you know how whacky we all get for the holidays... And the #1 head scratcher on the lists of songs for Thanksgiving is...




1- Family Affair, Sly and the Family Stone, a song I believe was on all 4 sites I went to- I know it's my go-to Thanksgiving anthem!

And here's some 'also receiving votes' songs...

From NoteBurner- Stevie Wonder, You Are The Sunshine Of My Life...

From Esquire- The NFL on Fox theme, Neil Young's Harvest Moon...

Refinery 29- Mashed Potato Time by DeeDee Sharp...

SheKnows- Supertramp, Give A Little Bit....

Remember, next week will have something Thanksgiving-y rather than the M10 Show, so see ya in 2 weeks!

1 comment: