What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Sunday, November 6, 2022

The End of the earth, revisited

 If you look at the sides of my blog, you'll see this picture:


This picture of me and Scrappy was taken exactly 13 years, 11 days ago.  The location...


That legendary place we named the End of the Earth- all but inaccessible except for when, like now, the river is down.  Here is the story of the second doggie to achieve it, Friday afternoon.

It was a breezy, gray afternoon...

Doggie was ready for adventure


Squirrel thought we were nuts (Hint: He's right)

The river was way down- the time was right

All we had to do was cross what is normally a river inlet

Okay, there's step one.

Lots of mud to the river

Fine place to take a nap

And in we go!




Our options grew tighter

So tight, Misty says, "Let's try the mud"


Stopping for a drink

...and of course, the nose game

Too many thorns landside- we'll have to cross this

Made it!

Daddy and doggie at the End of the Earth- November 4th, 2022




And there, I believe, we left Stick... sob

"Are you fricking serious?"

I don't remember getting there being so easy... I don't remember getting back being so hard

Almost in the clear.  We would just have to clear the mud flat... halfway across, I had a shoe get sucked off.  Come to think of it, I think I lost one 13 years ago, too


Believe it or not, we weren't alone... two girls and a golden retriever hunting mushrooms.  Me:  Take my advice, avoid the mud!" Their doggie: "You went to the End of the Earth! I hate you!"

Terra firma, at last

A quick bath at Scrappy's Landing



4 comments:

  1. Nice that you can revisit old haunts, no matter how mucky. I'm sure both Scrappy and Misty enjoyed their adventures. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end of the earth looks good and you didn't fall off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! At points it felt like we fell through, though...

      Delete