What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Sunday, November 27, 2022

Thanksgiving 2022

 I am attempting once again to fight a balky Blogger, but you know what?  This business of "have to change a code on 'HTML' mode to get pictures to post in the right order" is flat stupid, o lord of programming, so I'm gonna give it one more try, and I apologize if I have to tell the story backwards because some programmer thought this would be a neat default setting.  Here goes...

Ah, see, I knew you had it in you...

Mad scientist KC trying to make deviled egg.  A bit mustard-y...

The boys arrive, fresh from Thanksgiving at the other side


"Nooo!  Not this again!"


"Okay, this is better."

Racing


"Grampa, this is YOUR car!"

"Here's my tattoos..."

"You gotta get this one, too!"

"Look, daddy!  Grampa's car WON!"

"My turn!"

"And look!  Grampa wins again!"

Shenan finally arrives.  Yes, she has a can in her pocket.  My hillbilly daughter.


Me doing a beer pic

KC doing a beer pic

KC bought Shenan a bottle of wine

Not sure how this one snuck out of order, but this is Shenan giving late birthday gifts to the boys

"You don't have a corkscrew?"


And we briefly leap back to more present pics...

KC attempts using various tools to open the wine.  Me: "Maybe you should try a pair of pliers." Shenan: "Yeah, try pliers".  KC:  What are you, Joe Buck and Troy Aikman? 'They're bringing the pliers onto the field!' 'That's a smart play, Joe!'"

As Grayson says it: "Monsher Truks!"


You need to click to expand this picture and check out the expression on Grayson...

Meanwhile, back at the bottle...

"Spwoosh!"  "Ahh!  I'm blind!"


Grampa taken by Isaiah

"I didn't get no presents..." she says while digestion the equivalent of a plate and a half of Thanksgiving dinner...

Here you go- present!

(Mind you, it's empty of stuffing as of last night...)

Isaiah wanted this turned this rightside up, but it was taken upside down...


Euchre game- Shenan and I took 2 of 3

Ride 'em, Grayson!



"Don't GET any ideas..."



2 comments:

  1. So we're on the road, yeah? Me, Main Lady and her three little darlings. We stop off at a carry out just off the highway in an urban section 8 part of town. Case in point, the cashier and obvious valuables such as cigarettes, beer, and such are behind a bullet resistant wall. No, I'm not kidding.

    I buy a bottle of pop, but the filthy thing lacks a twist off cap. I search for a bottle opener, but there is none. So I ask the cashier.

    Me: "Say, I need a church key. Do you have one I can use?"

    Cashier: "Huh?"

    Me: "I need a church key. I don't have one, and the bottle cap isn't a twist off."

    Cashier: "Sure... what do you want, now?"

    Me: "A church key."

    Then I look at the three guys behind the Plexiglas, all of whom have blank looks on their mugs.

    Me: "A bottle opener. In the old days we called it a church key."

    They laughed, and one guy came out and opened it with a bic lighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just barely remember them being called that. I remember the latch on an open car door working for beer bottles, as well.

      Delete