What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, November 7, 2022

The Daring rescue of Stick

When last we met, I told you that Stick got lost- and we had possible photo evidence of where...

And after healing our wounds (and waiting out the crazy winds we had yesterday- yeesh!), today Misty came to me and said...

"We need to go rescue Stick..."

"NOW!"

So off we went!  There were three possibilities as to Stick's whereabouts.  The closest and best would be right where I put the shoe that the mud sucked off back on... second is in the picture, right at the fricking End of the Earth... and possibility 3 was "hopelessly lost in the jungle somewhere". (If you didn't read the last post, you're gonna be seriously confused...)


It was a bright blue day for it, right after Church...

Feeling naked w/o Stick

Looking like a real mild winter- this was the first of probably six similarly-colored wooly worms on our way

You can see how windy it was yesterday by where all the trailside trash barrels ended up.  Including one in the canal.

The bluebird of happiness blesses our journey...

All right, so we arrive at the Inlet and look for Friday's tracks...

"Nope, no Stick here."

So across the mudflat it is...

And Misty was happy to lead us into the jungle, which surprised me.

Misty finds a big hole

And out the other side!

But of course we had to stop for a drink- and the first of three times she almost made me take a swim!

And there was Stick- happy to see us!

Now, we just had to go back...

...which required another swim...

...during which I found this clam shell, which for some reason I brought home

Next, we had to get through that- but we'd broken out a good trail fighting our way in.

Back through the jungle...

...and out!

Ah, don't feel naked anymore!


A clean-up at Scrappy's Landing...

And she still had energy to try and get me to explore the Duck Pond (hard no from me)...

...and go through the hidden trail...


..only to try and talk me into crossing this muck-infested area! (Even harder no)

"Fine.  Let's just go home, then!"


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It did wonders for ours, too- and so did your comment on the first post!

      Delete
  2. Yay! You found it! And we have yet to see the woolies around here, but yesterday I saw a monarch still. So weird. Course, what was weirder was that it was 78 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't know how I did it- par for the course this week- but I deleted your comment on the last post after reading it... ;( It has been verry nice here- about to drop into polar approximately Friday.

      Delete