What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Thursday, June 1, 2023

Vacation and Music

 So let me start this off with our Memorial Day entertainment.  I had Laurie do a "bracket challenge" that night, eventually choosing between all the top tens Memorial week from 1970 to 1979, finally through hook'n'crook to distill them into a sweet 16... and the next day, I did the same.  Re-seeding every round will make this look odd, but here is Laurie's bracket...


As you see, she ends up with How Long by Ace as her top Memorial Day song- it was at #2 on Cashbox this week in 1975.  How did I come out? We'll save that for the end.  First, let me give you the first of 2 debuts on my M10 this week- at #10, former Best Coast voice Bethany Cosentino:


************************************************************** 

 

And now, the Thursday walk, part 1...

I couldn't have picked better weather for my staycation...

Squirrel honing his disc game...

Fledgling robin... hasn't got the flying thing down yet.

Misty meets up with her friends from the other day...

This one poses just like Misty...

One last Jack unwilling to give up the pulpit... second-biggest I've ever seen

 
Great day for a splash

"Hey, why don't ya show 'em what it was like when ya GOT here?"

I intend to, I don't know why this idiot computer posted THAT picture down the line...



THIS was the scene when we got there. A bit crowded...

Oh, and this shoulda been first, too- that there is the tallest building in Ft Wayne, from the Alumni Pond


Now, in the interests of symmetry, here is the non-debut members of this week's M10...

8- One last week for Cafune, down one with Want Me Out...

7- down 4, Wallows and Are You Bored Yet...

6- Up 4, Geowulf and Slow Dance...

5- and holding, Beach House and Black Magic...

4- 8th week, down 2 for Caroline Rose's Everywhere I Go, I Bring The Rain...

3- up 3, Lauren Daigle's New....

2- up 2, 100 gecs and Hollywood Baby...

And still #1 on the first "songs of summer" week...

 


 

...Albert Hammond Jr and Old Man!!!!!!!

And now, back to today's snaps...



"You find a lot of odd stuff around here..."


Doggie chasing froggie



Duck likes to do the nose-dunk thing, too

Difference between Scrappy and Misty #1: This happens to Misty once every five months.  Scrappy, every five minutes...


Evidently we got real close to Dr Killdeer's nest; he put on the "broken wing" dance for several yards before we were "clear"...

So now, let me play, at #9, out second debut by The Japanese House...


**********************************************************

 

And we conclude today's fun with Chris's bracket...

 


 ...where America's Sister Golden Hair came out on top!  Hope you enjoyed!

1 comment:

  1. A couple of songs I am not familiar with but liked, some nice photos here as well

    ReplyDelete