What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, June 30, 2023

M10 show week 76

 


Boy, I just love having to conduct business like this first...

Elvis:  Whut biz is that, boss?

Oh, cancelling a trial subscription that really did me no good, unless I signed up for the full Monty.  I mean, it went smooth- once I figured out how to get ahold of someone to do it for me... and the three additional minutes of, "let me pull up your account"... 

Jeez, we never had all that back in my day... we just wrote 'em a letter...

And hoped it got through in time...

...yeah, an' hoped it got through in time...

So anyway, we're finally down to one feature again, but perhaps not the best time for that...

Why's that?

No debuts this week!  In fact, I was so lazy this afternoon, I almost used this pseudo-vacation we're on as an excuse to bag a couple more weeks!

"Seudo-Vacation?" Whut the heck is that?

With the holiday next week, and our hometown customers on shut down, we get a whole week off! By the way, there's a silent 'P' in "Pseudo".

If'n it's silent, who gives a hang... say, it is the fourth o' July next week!

Yeah, and that gives me an idea!   Here, give the M10 while I research something!

Right now?

Sure!  Like I said, no debuts, so...

Okay, yer the boss!

So...

10- an' fallin' four for 100 gecs an' Hollywood Baby...

9- The up one spot parade, three songs long, starts with The Guess Who an' Headline...

8- Gaslight Anthem and Positive Charge...

7- an' Lemon Twigs an' Ghost Run Free...

6- 3 spots down fer Beach House an' Black Magic...

5- down one for Albert Hammond Jr's Old Man...

4- Up one fer Saint Asonia an' Devastate...

3- Up a big 4 fer Bakar's Hell N Back...

2- an' the top 2 hold, Geowulf an' Slow Dance at 2...

 


 ...an' Bethany Cosentino's It's Fine at the top again!

 

 

Thanks, bud!  Here, take care of this, too, while I put the finishing touches on this...

The Song you wouldn't turn off, too?  Are you gonna do anything today?

As little as possible!  Now shoot!

Sigh... so this week we wuz in 1973, an' he found 8 songs he'd never turn off on the Cashbox chart fer this week!  He ranked them out, and here's the resultin' results...

3rd on his list, #47 on the chart, Dobie Gray's Drift Away...

2nd on his list, #53 on his list, Gilberto Sullivan...

That's "Gilbert O'Sullivan"...

S'whut I said... with Get Down...

An' his top song he wouldn't turn off goes to...


 ...ELO at # 58 an' Roll Over Beethoven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Now whut are you up to?

Giving us a pre- holiday feature... my favorite #4's across the Martin Era 2.0, from the week of July 4th!  I have picked my ten faves from 1956-77, and put them in order, and ready to share them with you...

How many Beatles are on this list?

Oh hush, you'll like this list!

10- 1977's Jet Airliner by Steve Miller Band...

9- 1959's Dream Lover by Bobby Darin...

8- Our Big Buddy, here, from 1965 and Crying In The Chapel...

Yes!  Go me!

 7- George McRae from 1974 and Rock Your Baby...

6- From 1956, the McGuire Sisters and Something's Gotta Give...

5- From 1963, Jan And Dean's Surf City...

4- Bill Withers from 1972 and Lean On Me...

3- 1971's Rainy Days And Mondays from the Carpenters...

2- 1968's MacArthur Park by Richard Harris...

And my #1 fourth of July #4... 

Hey, Elvis, how's it hangin'?

 

Cathy's Clown by the Everly Brothers!

They shoulda called that Cathy's CLOWNS!  Lemme close the show before they get yackin'!  Have a great fourth!


2 comments:

  1. Just dropped by to say "Hi" and to read and think about good music, wonder about music I don't know, never heard of and leaving feeling good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th of July and pseudo vacation! MacArthur Park is one of my favourites too. ☺

    ReplyDelete