What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, July 14, 2023

M10 show week #78

 

This is going to be a quick, quiet week on the M10 show...

Elvis: Yeah, right...

No, seriously! I don't have much in the way of specials in mind,  the Song I wouldn't Turn Off this week is but a five-song list, but we do have food coming and two new debuts, so I suppose we'd better start there...

Okay, well I hope it's not too much lettin' the cat outta the bag ta let ya know that this joker is now at both ends of the M10!  This is new stuff from Bakar...

 

**************************************

Say, you forgot to mention he debuts at #10 with that!

Nobody's perfect!

Anyway, I mentioned I wanted to keep you "Song of Summer" updated.  So while I do some quick calculations, why don't you amuse the people with the Song I won't turn off?

Yeah, I suppose, since yer feedin' us tonight!  So like the man said, he only found five songs on the list this time- I think he's just inna mood- an' his top three came out like this:

His third from the top, at #26 on this week's Cashbox chart fer 1971, Marvin Gaye an' Mercy Mercy Me...

#2 on his list, #15 on CB this week, the Fortunes an' Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling Again...

An' his top Song he wouldn't turn off this week in '71- brace yerselves, it's a Beatle...


 ...Ringo Starr an' It Don't Come Easy!!!!!

Okay, I got my number-crunching done, but before that reveal, I owe  you another Debut! At #9, our old friend MAGS...

 

***********************************************

And now, the summer-enhanced M10...

8- and clocking in at the #47-48 range for all time song of summer, Geowulf's Slow Dance, down 4.

MOMENTARY FOOD BREAK

Okay, I'm happy!  You?

Yup.

Doggie?

Wurf!

All right, then, let me finish this...

7- Moving up one, The Guess Who and Headline.

6- Up 3, Noah Kahan's Dial Drunk.

5- Up 2 for Gaslight Anthem's Positive Charge.

4- Saint Asonia and Devastate, now in the #66-69 Summer range...

3- Bethany Cosentino's former top dog, It's Fine; it sits at the #25 range...

2- The Lemon Twigs jump 3 to #2 with Ghost Run Free; they'll likely get onto the list, now 87 songs long, next week.

And the #1 here- in the #77-78 range for the summer...



...Bakar and Hell N Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should note, our outgoing songs: Beach House's Black Magic (#11 on the M15) is at #62 all-time summer; and Albert Hammond Jr's Old Man (#13) is at #50 on the summer list- until someone passes them, that is!  See ya next time!

2 comments:

  1. Songs that don't come to mind when reading this but I still liked the post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should do you a little "Australia this week" feature...

      Delete