What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Saturday, July 15, 2023

Rainy Saturday stuff

 So I am just done with the pleasant experience of our Healthy Faith Chat, and a less enjoyable discussion of purgatory on FB.  I'm ready for some fun stuff!  So here are pictures plus- I found a list of "The 100 greatest books of all time", and I will intersperse in the pics just which ones I read- or something like that...

From Thursday afternoon- those unusual things you see, again...

Good job, kiddos!


#4- Valley of the Dolls- I watched the movie.  Loved Tony Scotti!

#7- The Fellowship of the Ring- I may have... the only Tolkien I'm for sure on is the Silmarillion.

#11 All The President's Men- went to the movie on a grade school field trip.  Ask me about the "Fly Away" story sometime...



Big ol' varmint...


#19- 1984- I think I read at least part of it...

#21- A Brief History Of Time- Yup, still got it.

#22- Fahrenheit 451- read a good chunk in studyhall one year.



"Daddy, you were too slow!"


#31- Catch-22- read it, loved it!

#33 Charlotte's Web- definitely watched the movie; possibly read it, too.

#49 Out Of Africa- saw the movie.

Can Misty find the hidden trail?  Answer, yes, flawlessly.

Found soccer camp on the other side

Bit over grown down by the duck pond

#60- The Catcher In The Rye- Read it.  Thought it the dumbest book save one I ever read, sorry.

#68- The Great Gatsby- Read it, left me wanting more.

#85- The World According To Garp- read it.  Didn't stick with me, though.


Can't get to the river for a drink, sorry

Taking a break

Me, too

#90 Little Women- this one's a bit of a stretch.  They did a live-tv play of this, and in my tiny childhood head, I thought it was about "The Little Woman" which was a comic strip in our paper.  About a minute and a half of, "What the heck is this?" later, I was out.

#95- The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe- I think I have this, but haven't gotten around to it yet.


That's it.  A tenuous connection to 14 of 100. Oh well.


Let's move on to Friday...



Off to a late start for us-0720 AM


Kitty's up

Bunny too

Actually, this is bunny 2

Don't know if I'd trust a security outfit that can't keep a shirt attached to a human being

Wild grapes coming in (Not brave enough to try them yet)


Groundskeepers and runners already out as well

Misty scanning for the frog that never came

The PFW men's basketball team getting in shape

(FYI: the purgatory debate rages on- 6 posts since I said bye-bye, lol)

River is flat calm

The mystery of where all the orange flags around the airstrip went, solved

Clifford the big red truck

Bunny #3

Bunny 3, being photobombed by bunny 4

Bunny 4- I almost tripped over him before seeing him...

Later that night, for the benefit of those not on my FB, here was my Friday night post...

"The lineup for tonight"

"Doggie is concerned..."



5 comments:

  1. Bloody nice photos and some good books mentioned a couple of which I think I have read way back when

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's some that I read way back, some a little closer.

      Delete
  2. Good story, and very beautiful photographs of the green área where you live. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journeys are always fun. I have read all of those books, I think. Sometimes seeing a movie morphs into I read the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? That was a problem with my memory on some of these.

      Delete