What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, July 1, 2024

Vacation Monday

 Just in case you think all I do on vacation is nap and take walks (both with my faithful doggie companion), I'll have you know I just did dishes, cleaned the stove and microwave, and took the trash out.  So there.


But we did take 2 walks today, so...


0645 AM...

...cool enough to wear my hoodie (We were supposed to hit a record low for the date of 50F, but only got to 55.4)

The corner bunny wouldn't stand still

The bridge bunny did

I thought this might be the last scrawny raspberries of the season...

...but I found a bush still going strong!

The swamp bunny



Misty says, too cool for the river

However, this afternoon, it was a different story at Shoaff Park



She was distracted by a departing bulldog








I was trying to show how neat the wavy algae in front of the water pipe was...


Frog Hunter Misty took two pounces at whatever this was


A lot of back trails we never took before...



...ending up where we started

Then- FOXES!

They came out to play in the sun... but #1 saw us right away and took off

#2 was too busy rolling in the warm grass

Just before he saw us...

"Oh, crap, an audience!" And off he went



Taking a break, watching golfers






"I had fun!"


10 comments:

  1. Pretty awesome walks! I was surprised to see how cool you were there. We were hot 🥵.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misty is pretty active! Is she beagle blend? We had a beagle and then a border collie. Great dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's Heeler mix, though with what we don't know. I suspect coonhound.

      Delete
  3. That's cold for this time of year! We were in the low to mid 60s. Getting warmer now.

    You have a lot of bunnies in your area. That may change, with foxes around.

    Misty is a lucky girl, to have a dad who enjoys walking her! 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's kinda grumbling today, b/c I'm not taking another second walk....

      Delete
  4. Nothing wrong with taking walks and having a nap.
    In fact....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    NOTE: "Zs" are purely for comedic effect. I don't need no stinking "Zs" to hit the rack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only problem is, my body still wants that nap when I'm working...

      Delete
  5. Another lovely walk that I enjoyed while sitting at my computer desk with a heater going trying to keep m eyes open and brain in gear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, I don't have to have my brain in gear for walks...

      Delete