What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, June 21, 2024

M10 show Week # 124

 



An' this week's show brought ta you  by Red Robin Burgers, where...


Wait a minute!  Are you doing a commercial?

Well, I got ta thinkin', we oughta let 'em know what we just et in a more... "commercial-like" way, an' if'n they hear about it, maybe we can make some money on the side...


And that's exactly how you get charged for putting posts on Facebook and X/Twitter, and end up being labeled spam...


Serious?  But ah seen other people do it...

Other people monetize their blogs.  If I did that, we'd probably have made 15 cents by now... 

Off this post?  That ain't...

Off 14 years of blogging!

Ouch.  Okay, so what's up this week?

1973 this week, and one debut, a third time for Shannon and the Clams, at #7...



***********************************************************************

Wow... that's a number one if'n I'm a judge...

Pretty much my thoughts.  So lets look at this week in 1973, and what 11 year old Chris would have on his list...

We ain't gonna go fetch you from then, are we?

No, that would cause a metacrisis in the Tardis.  Besides, I was a dork...


On the right, just under the lady in the chair (That's no lady, that's my sister Pete!), hamming it up.  See, dork.

Uh, I hate ta agree wit' ya, but... point made.

So this week in Australia, they were in the sixth of seven weeks for Dawn's Tie A Yellow Ribbon 'Round The Old Oak Tree- a song that had hit #1 across North America a couple of months back, and was on this week's Cashbox chart at #34 in its 21st week.  In Canada, Clint Homes and Playground In My Mind was the topper- it was 5 here, on its way to #2, while Australia- who agreed with us once this week and will not a second time- peaked it at 66.  At one point, the song has a little girl singing, "My name is Cindy...", which was notable because I had a crush on a Cindy at the time....

Oh, how innersting!  

Geez, can a fellow reminisce? (NOTE:  I'm stunned I spelled THAT right the first time!)  Here, queue it up whilst I prepare my top 5...


*********************************************************

That wuz so cute..

Are you crying?

Nah, I gotta bug in my eye!  Durn gnats!

Uh-huh.  So here go my top 5...

5- Paul Simon, Kodachrome.  #7 on its way to 2 here, it peaked the same in Canada, and 20 in Australia.

4- Seals and Crofts, Diamond Girl.  Moving up to 28 this week, it would stop at 6- just like their other two big hits- here, 13 in Canada, 57 in Australia.

3- The Spinners, One Of A Kind (Love Affair).  Moving to #10 this week, here it would stop at 8, 16 in Canada, and as per usual with Motown- style tunes, wasn't released Down Under.

2- Doobie Brothers, Long Train Running. At 14 this week, it would make #8 across North America, and 58 in Australia.

And my top song this week?



1- The Carpenters, Yesterday Once More.  Making the 11 notch jump to 20 this week, it would hit the top across North America and #9 in Australia.


That's close to agreeing... 

Yep, not a bad way to finish that look-see!  You got the rest of the M10?  I know 9 songs is more than you're used to handling...

Oh, hardy-har-har!  Get back, Jack, an' let a professional do this...

10- and 10 weeks on, fer Real Estate an' Somebody New, fallin' from 5.

9- Another dropper, Wings an' Juniors Farm down 6...

8- Up 2 fer the Decemberists an' Oh, No....

6- Back up 3 fer Lake Street Dive an' Better Not Tell You...

5- an' 3 fer the Man In Black an' Well, Allright...

4- an' up 2 fer Lucius and friend with Go Home...

3- an' up one- and a classic line up with them an' Lucius in the countdown- Geowulf an' Dolly...

2- an' holdin', Lorde an' Take Me To The River...still leadin' the Songs of Summer...


An' a second week at the top fer...


...Rainbow Kitten Surprise with Meticulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Not bad, Mr Professional... I only counted 19 mispronounced words or words with the ends chopped off...


HEY!  You type my lines right!

If I did that, people would think you were Wayne Newton....

7 comments:

  1. I signed up for Google adsense in 2013 and have yet to see a dime, so don't feel bad. ☺ My website costs money, unlike Blogger, and it would be nice to make a few bucks, but, so it goes. Don't tell me you're having trouble with Facebook again? And X too? There's nothing spammy about your blog!

    Love the retro Christmas photo. That's a big family! ☺

    I don't think 1973 was as good a year for us rock fans as the previous 3. Too many light pop tunes, but the Carpenters were among the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no troubles, I just know that's where they come from. The one leaning up against the other chair just passed this spring...

      Delete
  2. thecontemplativecat here. The songs rang some sort of bell in my brain. I loved that era of music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first clip is new to me don't know the song but I didn't mind it, of course I know Tie a Yellow Ribbon and Playground in my Mind in fact a number of good songs on this weeks list

    ReplyDelete