What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, May 29, 2023

Memorial Day walk

 Mind you, I will let those whose family members made the ultimate sacrifice carry the holiday ball, except for a heartfelt...


So Sunday evening we took a 9 PM walk.  Mind you, the pics are affected by my camera's lack of being able to take dark pics without a steady hand and a tripod (neither of which I have)...


Right off the bat, deer #1




Caught the varmint... on the way home, we'd hear him and the Mrs splashing back in






Deer #2

At the swamp, lilacs

Misty sensed varmintage, but found no evidence




Moon, duh


Venus


Vega


Mars

Almost home

Canopus

And that brings us to Monday morning- and Misty insisting on the 2-hour River Walk tour...


Bunny #1

Bunny #2


#2 and 3





Caught the Indigo Bunting today!




Saw this last night- apparently they had a 5K yesterday

Fisher dude... by the time we re-crossed the bridge, he was shirtless




Our lookout near the Duck Pond, from the other side

The Yellowwood standing out




The view from "our hiding spot"



She loved wading here, nearly brought me along


Time to turn around and head for home


"Definite varmintage here..."

"..and here..." and all the way back to the bridge


The member of the group who doesn't consume the river raw is getting thirsty


Another chill at the Alumni Pond


Goslings gettin' big

And no stop at the pond is complete without the varmint


...and, no walk in the woods without disc golfers...

Misty met up and said hi to buddy Archie and his mom


Mr Kitty greats us at home


6 comments:

  1. Such a lovely walk on such an important day

    ReplyDelete
  2. So are those irises or lilacs? Is there a kind of swamp lilac I don't know about? I have two lilac bushes, twenty feet apart. One is just about done blooming the other is just starting. The difference? the amount of sun they get. Crazy. My Irises I planted 3 years ago finally made an appearance, one peach and two white. I split a bunch last year so I'm hoping they are resting. My normal "ton" of purple have amounted to three, and I only have one yellow as opposed to the normal twenty or so. I need to do a walking post, or even just a picture post. Something introspective about them. Enjoy what's left of the day/weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, my brain just switched names, Irises not Lilacs...

      Delete
  3. thecontemplativecat here. I loved the first photo of Dr. Who actor. He was always good to watch. Your photos are excellent.

    ReplyDelete